2018: A Year of Transition

2018 is going to be a big year for my wolf pack. As of last week, hubby went back to school for a second master's in special education and applied behavior analysis. He wants to be the help for families like ours, that we have not yet received. Aggressive and destructive behavior is NO JOKE y'all.  It's hard on Alex, it's hard on his family.  Behavioral therapy done right has the potential to empower individuals, and hopefully that is what Ryan will come out on the other side of school doing. He is particularly interested in helping kids with developmental disabilities access music, his own personal passion and talent in life. It's a big undertaking to go back to school while working and raising our brood, but I know he can do it, and I know he'll be great at it.  Meanwhile, that means I'll be spending a lot less time in the studio, and a lot more time making messes with the kids.  That is a big transition for me, as I'm super used to working for several hours a day solo! I won't miss customer service, but I'm sure I will miss the quiet lol.  Week one, Lovely Lyra and I worked on some fun 3D multimedia collages (trashed dining room not pictured).


I am not the type to survive long without creating though, so I will actually have a new line out soon.  Something almost entirely HAND SEWN in my lap while the rugrats play.  So stay tuned.  It's not like anything I've ever done before, and I'm obsessed. Hint: It's wolfy.

This year Lyra will also be graduating from preschool to kindergarten, Charlie will be a YEAR old already (I KNOW!!!), and Alex, Alex will be 10!! Big year for everyone. Paw five friends. 

Comments

Popular Posts